Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a NEW year, what will YOU do with it?

It's a fresh start. Even if you don't like the work 'resolutions'. I personally think New Years Resolutions are a fabulous idea. Call them 'goals' if 'resolutions' bother you. And I think you SHOULD reach for the stars with them. Have you ever read the book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill? You should. Basically the book explains, what you DECIDE you'll accomplish, you will. You must believe it, make it so in your head...and it WILL become. So why not reach for the stars? Don't be afraid of setting goals, that's how you grow.

Having said that, it's also known to be beneficial to set your goals and tell others about them. They can help you keep accountable, even if they don't mean to. So go ahead, take out a sheet of paper RIGHT NOW. Think about the one thing...that if everything went perfectly, you'd just LOVE to accomplish. What's your perfect life like? Be specific. Don't just say, "I want to be rich". Instead, say, "I want to finish school and start my own business in my field, and help a thousand people with widgets this year". This may lead to you being rich, but that's not the goal. See the difference?

So do it. List your one big goal. Now list 5 or 6 little goals that you'd need to do in order to reach that goal. Put it on your fridge. Or your bathroom mirror. Don't be afraid to look at it every day. And then WORK toward them all, starting today. No excuses.

Would love to know some of your goals for 2012! Comment below if you'd like! :)

~To Your Health~

1 comment:

  1. My goal is to become healthier amd to have friends who see me on this journey join me for their health. I also have a goal of being the best I can at my job and marriage.

    Here's to success!

    ReplyDelete